Dundee travelled to Kirkcaldy, hoping to retain the number one spot of Challenge Cup Group A.

They would face a flyers team missing just Shayne Stockton, whilst the Stars went without their two injured players, Brian Hart and Kris Ingils.

The home side took the lead in the fourth minute though Charlie Mosey, who beat Fullerton in the Dundee net, leaving Dundee on the up-hill battle from the start.

However the Stars were given a powerplay chance and an opportunity to equalise when Russ Moyer was sent to the box for tripping on the ten minute mark.

Their powerplay against Cardiff was ineffective and that carried over into this game as the Stars couldn’t make the Flyers pay.

Dundee would rue another chance as they couldn’t capitalise on the powerplay as Ricards Birzins was penalised for interference at 14:13.

Although Fife were the ones taking advantage, before the penalty expired, Chase Schaber beat Travis Fullerton for a short-handed goal, doubling the Flyers lead at 15:12.

Taylor Dickin was next to be penalised by referee Toby Craig as sat for two-minutes on a slashing call at 19:02.

The Flyers showed Dundee how to do it as Ian Young fired home just seventeen seconds into the powerplay.

The home team had a 3-0 lead going into the first break and Dundee needed something special to find a way back into the game.

They once again wasted powerplay chances as the penalties against Finucci and Birzins both expired without any offensive production from the Stars.

Eventually Jordan Cownie got Dundee on the board at 35:30 bringing the score line to 3-1.
Fife quickly restored their three-goal lead through Chase Schaber at 39:34.

Dundee needed an answer to Fife’s strong offensive production and the third period started with the Stars going on a powerplay just thirty-eight seconds in to play, as Schaber was charged with roughing.

The Flyers put the game to bed when Liam Heelis bagged Fife’s fifth goal of the evening at 49:04. Fife also decided to change netminder after the fifth goal, Jordan Marr replaced Andy Iles.

Fife got the games last man advantage as Johan Andersson was penalised for slashing at 49:41.

It would be the last notable action of the game before the final buzzer went.

Dundee benefitted in the standings, as the 6-4 win of the Edinburgh Capitals over the Belfast Giants left Dundee still top of Group A.

Jordan Cownie and Chase Schaber were picked as ‘Man of the Match’ award winners for their teams.

Omar Pacha’s Stars now look to tomorrow’s league game against the Milton Keynes Lightning, tickets are still available and face-off is at 6:30pm.


Photo – Copyright Martin Watterson

Latest News
Trade-Mart Dundee Stars Team
OT Losses