By Kris Smith
Dundee arrived in Manchester looking to bounce back from a bad weekend. They faced a strong Manchester side that were leading the league.

Referee Steve Brown dropped the puck to start the game and not long after called the first penalty against Dundee’s Riley Stadel, as he was penalised for an illegal-equipment infraction just 45 seconds into play.
Adam Harding opened the scoring against his former team, a well-worked move gave Harding the space to bag his third goal of the season at 7:45.

End-to-end action consumed the next five minutes before the Stars got their first man advantage when Jay Rosehill was sent to the box on an interference call.

Just as time expired on the powerplay Harding slid the puck across goal to Taylor Dickin who put the Stars 2-0 up, also against his former team at 15:26. Dundee continued their strong offensive output as Marc-Oliver Mimar collected a drop pass and shot past Mike Clemente with just 12 seconds left in the first period.

Omar Pacha tactically outdid his former employers in the first period, on his return to the Storm Shelter.
The second period was feisty, to say the least, it was Dundee’s turn to get an early powerplay, as Dane Byers sat for two minutes, on a slashing call. The Storm killed the penalty before things got heated as two fights broke out between Marc-Oliver Mimar against Linden Springer and Shane Bakker against Jimmy Jensen at 23:38.

Ciaran Long was also assessed a two minute cross-checking penalty to give Dundee a second powerplay chance. It did not last long as Gabriel Lévesque was quickly called for interference, to bring out the 4-on-4 lines. Manchester got a 4-on-3 powerplay when Johan Andersson was called for high-sticking at 24:44.
The Storm capitalised on this and got one goal back after a pass across the ice found Scott Pitt who shot past Fullerton, for his first goal in a storm jersey at 25:09 on the powerplay.

Manchester pulled it back to 3-2 at 35:01, after a pass by Byers hit the skate of Luke Moffatt and after Referee Brown reviewed the play, it was given and the Storm trailed by just one going into the final period.
Pitt had a chance to tie the game with eight minutes left but fanned on what can only be described as the opportunity of the night. With just 2:13 on the clock, Byers went back to the box on a tripping call, this was Dundee’s chance to seal the victory but Mike Hammond popped up at the back door to score a shorthanded goal at 58:06.

The Stars looked for a winner on the powerplay but a stoppage in play after a pane of glass shattered, forced a small break and the players returned to the dressing rooms until play could be resumed.
The Stars had 44 seconds to bag a regulation win but failed to make their man advantage count and the game went into overtime.

Manchester produced the best chances in the extra period, despite being on the penalty kill after Pitt was called for high-sticks but they failed to hit the net.

Neither side could get a winner and the game requires penalty shots to find a winner.
Riley Stadel would take Dundee’s first shot but his effort was batted away by Clemente. Manchester’s Ciaran Long weaved the puck around Fullerton and found the net, to give the home side the advantage.
Patrick Lee was sent out to get the game back within the Stars grasp but his shot was stopped by the toe of the Storm netminder. Matt Beca could have won the game for the home side but his five-hole effort was stopped by Fullerton.

Miamr had to scored, he skated close to Clemente but his shot slipped wide of the Storm goal and Ryan Finnerty’s men took the extra point.

Adam Harding and Matt Stanisz were the players selected for the ‘Man of the Match’ awards.

Sheffield Steelers are our next opponents tomorrow night at the DIA, tickets are available from the DIA Box office and online. 6:30pm Face-off.

PHOTO: Mark Ferris

Latest News
Trade-Mart Dundee Stars Team
54 Games
22 Wins
25 Losses
7 OT Losses
51 Points